How to bake and serve buttery wafers of Delices and Gourmandises
If you are fond of light buttery wafers that melt in mouth, just like Delices and Gourmandises’ try this quick and easy recipe. You will get amazing buttery wafers, with brown and a bit crispy edges and deliciously chewy center. A true gourmet sin which you should never say no to!
The recipe of Delices and Gourmandises’ buttery wafers
Ingredients for about 5 dozens:
– 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
– 2 cups sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
– Beat in eggs one at a time.
– (If you want, you can add 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/8 tsp almond extract)
– Gradually add flour combined with baking powder and salt and stir until well mixed.
– Shape soft dough into 1-inch balls.
– Refrigerate for about 60 minutes (the proportion of butter makes the dough very soft and a bit tricky to work with when it is at room temperature.)
– Once dough has chilled, it can be shaped into logs. Shape into 1 1/2 inch diameter logs, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until very firm.
– Preheat oven to 375°F.
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness slices and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies to allow for spread.
– Bake for 8-11 minutes, until cookies are golden at the edges.
– Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Delices and Gourmandises tips for tasting these delightful buttery wafers
You are going to love these delicate and small buttery wafers! Sweet but not too sweet, they will go great with a mug of hot chocolate or coffee, but if you feel they’re a bit too plain on their own, we suggest you serve them with some dessert, such as lemon curd or ice cream, etc.
You will also like receiving an attractive metal box to keep them in! Thanks to this gift from Delices and Gourmandises, your wafers will remain irresistible, to treat yourself all the week long.