Enjoy this delicious recipe of financiers offered by Delices and Gourmandises
At the very beginning, the French financiers, these popular small cakes, were characterized by their oval shape, imagined by the nuns of the order of the visitandines. Swiss pastry makers later tried to follow the recipe, while shaping it into ingots. This also explains its appellation. Delices and Gourmandises invites you to discover two variations of the financiers recipe.
Delices and Gourmandises easy recipe for homemade financiers
– 200gr of icing sugar
– 200gr of butter
– 80gr of flour
– 80gr of almond powder
– 6 egg whites
– Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
– Melt the butter until it is hazel-colored. Let it cool.
– Beat the egg whites until you get a foam.
– Pour the icing sugar and mix.
– Now mix the almond powder and the flour.
– Pour the butter into the preparation using a colander.
– Whisk the mixture until smooth.
– Now, butter and flour small « financiers » moulds and fill them with dough.
– Bake for 15 minutes.
You can then get the financiers out of the oven, unmold them on a rack and serve them warm or cold.
And for this recipe, Delices and Gourmandises suggests you another tasteful variation: replace the almond powder with blueberries, currants or raspberries.
Taste Delices and Gourmandises financiers recipe with blueberries
Ingredients to be combined
– 180gr of butter
– 60gr of flour
– 200gr of icing sugar
– 125gr of blueberries
– 160gr of almond powder and some almonds in sticks
– 1 or 2 of vanilla pods
– 185gr or 190gr of egg whites
– Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once a nice hazelnut smell escapes from the preparation, transfer it quickly in a small bowl to finish the baking and prevent the butter from burning.
– Preheat the oven to 230 ° C.
– Sift the flour, icing sugar and almond powder.
– Pour the powders into the robot tank equipped with the flat whisk
– Collect the seeds of the vanilla pods and add them to the preparation, then the non-whisked whites and finally the hot hazelnut butter.
– Half-fill the molds with a piping bag and place a blueberry in the center of each cookie.
– Add 3 or 4 almond sticks and bake for 6 min.
– Reduce heat down to 200°C and continue baking for 6 min.
– Finalize the baking in “oven off” mode for an additional 6 min.
– Remove from the oven, unmold and let cool on a rack.