Duck stew in red wine by Delices and Gourmandises
You like Bourgogne’s cuisine, and duck stew in red wine is one of your favorite dishes. Delices and Gourmandises is providing you the recipe of this tasty dish.
Ingredients for 6 servings
To prepare a delicious duck stew in red wine, you will need:
– 6 duck legs, if possible choose them fat
– 3 onions
– 3 carrots
– 1 bottle of red “Marquis d’Arlandes”
– a stalk of celery
– bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaves, rosemary)
– 150gr of cooked Paris mushrooms (optional)
– 2 tablespoons of duck or goose fat
– salt and pepper
How to prepare duck stew in red wine?
– In a bowl, let the duck legs soak with red wine, onions and sliced celery, sliced carrots and bouquet garni. Chill for at least 24h.
– The next day, drain the thighs and make them brown a few minutes in a pan without adding fat.
– Filter the marinade. Collect carrots, onions and celery then chop them finely.
– Heat the duck fat in a pan and fry the chopped vegetables.
– Add the duck legs and the marinade. Simmer over low heat for 2h.
– Add salt and pepper.
– Let the sauce reduces and add Paris mushrooms, cut into small pieces.
– Serve hot with boiled potatoes or pasta.
The “Marquis d’Arlandes”, known for its full-bodied taste and delicacy of its flavor, enhances the taste of this dish. You will find this red Côtes-du-Rhône on Delices and Gourmandises’ catalog.