Cherry almond cake from Delices and Gourmandises
For pastries lovers, the Cherry almond cake available on the online store Delices and Gourmandises are what you need. But in case of unexpected guests, while waiting for your next order to be delivered, why not try making some on your own? Here’s the secret of homemade gorgeous cherry almond cake. Quick and easy to make, it will treat both adults and kids!
Delicious cherry almond cake recipe by Delices and Gourmandises
Recreate the authentic taste of cherry almond cake prepared the traditional way by Delices and Gourmandises’ team, you will like them, and there’s no risk of harming your health.
You will need:
– 250g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
– 175g golden caster sugar
– 5 eggs, beaten
– 250g self-raising flour, plus an extra 2 tbsp
– 1 tsp baking powder
– ½ tsp almond essence, optional
– 200g glacé cherries, halved
– Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
– Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
– Beat together the butter and sugar with electric beaters until light and fluffy.
– Add the eggs, one by one.
– Fold in the almond extract, flour, ground almonds and baking powder, followed by the cherries and milk. Beat well till thick, creamy and evenly mixed.
– Toss cherries in extra 2 tbsp flour and fold into the batter.
– Butter and line the base and sides of a 20cm deep cake tin. Spoon into the prepared tin.
– Bake for 1 hr-1 hr 15 mins until well risen and golden. A skewer will come out clean when ready
– Cool the cake in its tin for 10 mins then turn onto a cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
If you want, you can decorate with 100g icing sugar mixed with 1 tbsp water. The, scatter almonds over the top of the cake and place some glace cherries around the edge.
For breakfast, dessert or snack time, your cherry almond cake is perfect to accompany a good cup of tea or coffee.
And don’t forget to submit your order for cherry almond cake on Les Delices and Gourmandises’ website to avoid being short of your favorite pastry!