Caramelized biscuits from Delices and Gourmandises
If you are fond of Delices and Gourmandises’ caramelized biscuits, you can recreate them at home until your next order from our online store is delivered. This is the perfect solution, for example when you have unexpected guests. Here is the easy-to-follow and tasty recipe inspired from Delices and Gourmandises’ treats!
Try this delightful recipe of Delices and Gourmandises
All the pastries offered by Delices and Gourmandises are prepared by the best French confectioners and artisans according to their traditional recipe, and the caramelized biscuits are no exception. Not only are they prepared the traditional, but they are exclusively made of fresh and wholesome ingredients to delight your taste buds without risk of harming your health.
For 8 people, you won’t need more than 4 ingredients:
– 125g caster sugar
– 2 tbsp golden syrup
– 250g plain flour
– 1 tablespoon golden syrup
– 1 tablespoon milk
– 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– Combine butter, sugar, milk and bicarbonate of soda in a saucepan with an electric mixer.
– Add syrup and beat until fluffy.
– Gradually add in flour and mix until texture is such that you are able to roll into balls. If the dough is crumbly, knead the dough just until combined, but don’t knead too much
– If preferred, dip them in dark chocolate for a caramel-chocolate biscuit.
– Line a baking tray with baking parchment and place the balls allowing plenty of room for them to spread.
– Gently flatten with a fork.
– Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
– Place the tray in preheated oven and bake for 15 mins until they turn golden brown, but still soft to the touch.
– Let cool in the pan, or they’ll crumble when you try to lift them, they will harden as they cool.
These caramelized biscuits are simply irresistible and will treat both young and old for breakfast or with after dinner espresso, coffee, and tea. In order to always have some spared, you can keep your caramelized biscuits in a tin for up to a week while your order from Delices and Gourmandises is being delivered.