A delicious rhubarb and blackberries crumble recipe
Let us take you on a short tour to England to taste a little wonder of English sweets, rich in vitamins and minerals. Delices and Gourmandises provides you with a delicious recipe for dessert or snack time, easy to prepare and that will make your taste buds travel.
The ingredients to prepare (for 6 persons)
To make your rhubarb and blackberries crumble, you will need following ingredients:
– 800 gr rhubarb
– 400 gr blackberries
– 225 gr brown sugar
– 150 gr flour
– 150 gr butter
– 1 shaved tablespoon of cinnamon powder
– 1 pinch of ground clove
– 1 pinch of ground ginger
Proportions can vary according to your taste…
The steps for preparation
– Preheat the oven to 190°C.
– Wash, peel and cut the rhubarb into 2 cm sticks. Rinse the blackberries quickly under cool water and dry them in paper towels.
– Mix 50 gr of sugar with cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Put the rhubarb and blackberries in a bowl and sprinkle them with spicy sugar.
– Put in a bowl the sifted flour, remaining sugar and softened butter cut into small pieces. Mix with your fingertips to obtain a sandy paste.
– Divide the fruit into ramekins and spread the dough over the fruits.
– Put in the oven for 45 min. The dough must take a nice golden color.
– You can serve your dessert bay warm, but is better if served hot.
You can perfume it by adding hazelnut powder, orange or lemon zest and vanilla. However, in that case, it is advisable to remove the clove.